Thursday, April 28, 2011

my silly wet horse...

Yes,I have a silly horse his name is Oliver Twister,he's a Thoroughbred/Appaloosa,he's 20-22 years old and he's very,very sassy. He went over to a friends house this last fall to get healthier ,because he started rapidly losing weight and not acting right. That was when we found out how old he really was. We bought him thinking(and the previous owners too) that he was about 11-12 years old well the vet came over to try to help him gain some wait(if he didn't gain some weight on him soon he wasn't going to make it) and she told us that he was actually 20-22 years old. After that we took him over to the friend house where he got fat and sassy and way healthier. Oliver today is doing great other then the sassy part ;). Rate now he's in his loafing shed (3 sided barn) due to the fact that it's been 30-40 degrees out and rainy and windy the last two days. When I let him out last night when to get some exercise as soon as I let the rope down (to keep him in there) ...he galloped the hill as fast as he could go and let me tell you he's fast,he part racehorse breed (Thoroughbred) no joke!! After he decided to stop galloping up and down the hill he started rolling and then he would get up and do the other side and roll and roll.... then he galloped to the top of our hill and stopped and just looked at me,like are you going to put me in there again?

This morning I had to put him in the shed ,because it was still raining, he was on the very top of the hill standing directly behind a dead apple tree( this was a very tiny tree about 7 inches in diameter and not very tall). I called to him and did the usual whistle that I do to get him down and he just stood there...
That silly wet horse of mine was hiding from me,after I called him he peeked his head from behind the tree looked at me as if to say " you can't see me" and then hid his head behind the tree again. He did this multiple times and he had me laughing,it was so funny!! =)
Then after I was done laughing/smiling at him,I remembered if that's what we look like to God when we are trying to hide from God. God sees our every move and there is absolutely nothing you can do to hide from God. God our creator who made man from dust...loves you dearly and there is nothing you can do to stop that. ever.
(yes, I eventually had to go up and get oliver where he looked at me grudgingly and reluctantly followed me into the shed)

♪♫ Rachel daughter of the most high God

1 comment:

  1. If only Jonah knew about you Rachel!! I love you and am so very proud of my horsie girl. You are a blessing to my heart!!
    You used to try to hide from me when you were little....
    Mom

    ReplyDelete