Friday, March 4, 2011

Devotions


I admit devotions are nice but the truth is they are not the word of God. Devotions do have scripture in it and they are nice to help you figure out what the verse in the Bible is trying to tell/say to you, but basically devotions are written by a man who read a verse from the Bible and took it into his own context. The Bible is strait truth you can't get any closer to truth then the Bible. In the Bible it says in Galatians 2:14 ....."The Truth of the gospel might remain with you."and in 2nd Timothy 2:15 " Handling accurately the word of Truth. "( I only quoted some parts of these verses). So basically why I'm writing this blog is to get out of your everyday devotions written by some guy who put it in his own context and take a Bible in your hands. Maybe you could ask your paster about a good reading plan for you could follow in your Bible,some Bibles even have that already in them! =) Or read a book of the Bible like The Psalms or Proverbs personally The Proverbs are my favorite! =) I'm not saying that devotions are bad,I'm really not but they are not something to rely on like the Bible.

1 comment:

  1. Right on Rachel!!! You amaze me honey with the depth of your thoughts! God is at work in you daughter dear.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete