Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Compassion

There are over 132 million orphans around the world.



In Asia, there are estimated 65 million orphans.


Yes,I know it's the beginning of March and I haven't posted anything since January. I've been trying to come up with a good topic to write about and trust me that's doesn't come easy for me.
Other then the saying that I wrote about last time 'with God all things are possible",I've been thinking a lot about Orphans. You may be wondering why a teenage girl my age would be thinking about them? To tell you the truth I'm not like other 15 year old girl my age. Me and My family have been though a lot. My uncle died form a rare form of cancer in 2009 and at the same time my own Mom was battling cancer as well( and who is still doing great and she is as sassy as ever =) ). My grandpa whom I have never met died from cancer also before I was born. I have Hypothyroidism which means that the thing in my body that control hormones and TH levels is all out of whack. I have to take meds. every morning and night,due to this I'm shorter then most girls,and have a really hard time getting any rest at night. Now I'm not doing all this for whoever read this to have compassion on me PLEASE DON'T. If you want to have compassion have compassion on all the sweet baby girls and boys who don't have a mom and dad. I can't imagine not having a mom or a dad, just a few days ago my mom asked me a question what my gifts are and to say the truth I couldn't come up with many, but after thinking about it for a while I have realized that God has gifted me with a huge amount of compassion for orphans. When I read or hear about all the children who are parent-less my heart aches for them ,sometimes I even cry and when I hear that one of them has found a home with I family I thank God and cry from happiness. So when I begin to feel sorry for myself I have to think about all the other people who are WAY worse off then me, or when I'm mad or upset at my parent I think about all the girls and boys who are wishing they had a mom and dad. Now I know that I have said a lot and I did warn you about my rambling ,but PLEASE think about what I said...

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm Rachie...are you trying to tell me something??
    I love how you shine with your passion for orphans. Maybe you should read about what it says in God's Word about them.
    I am sorry you have to deal with hypothyroid stuff.
    I know taking meds that make you feel icky is a drag and a half.
    I love you,
    your sassy mom

    ReplyDelete